What to Do When the Heat Goes Out in Abilene Prior to Furnace Repair
You’re in the middle of the coldest week of winter and you wake up shivering in a pile of blankets in bed. Your first thought is, “Why in the world has my furnace not kicked on?” Of course, you don’t want to find yourself in a situation like this where it feels like you’re destined to suffer until morning to set up furnace repair, but there are a few things you can take a look at, as well as a handful of things you can do, to stay ahead of the game and have a plan for a situation like this.
Before You Experience Problems:
- Furnace service. Frigid nights and furnace repair can’t always be avoided, but having annual furnace service completed can help you have a better chance at averting a chilly morning.
- Compile supplies. Find some room in a closet, drawer or another handy area for blankets, a space heater, gloves, hats and any number of other accessories to keep you warmed up while your furnace isn’t working. It may seem inconvenient or unnecessary now, but it will be a relief when you need it most.
After You Suspect Your Furnace Quit Running:
- Check the circuit breaker. There’s a chance that the breaker to your furnace might have been tripped by a power surge or for some other reason. If this happens, switch the breaker back on and you could be set. If the breaker is tripped and you have switched it back on but your furnace still isn’t operating, give us a call to schedule an appointment for furnace repair.
- Layer on and get cozy. That list of supplies we recommended above will come in handy here. Layers can help you retain body heat so you can stay warm while waiting for your technician. Also, try to find something to do to keep your blood pumping, as elevated activity can help keep you comfortable.
- Stay safe. Using something other than your furnace to heat your home can pose potential danger depending on the method you’re choosing. It’s important to remember to never utilize heating methods created for outdoor use – i.e. kerosene heaters, grills, or any other carbon monoxide producing methods. If you need to use a secondary method, electric space heaters, fireplaces or wood stoves are your safest options.
No one wants to put up with furnace repair in the middle of winter after their furnace has quit running, but the probability is real if you don’t take the correct steps. Give the team at Abilene Air-Tech Inc a call at (325) 692-5850 if you have any questions about these tips, the furnace repair services available or any other number of heating questions.
Why HVAC Is a Good Career Choice: What Youll Do as a Technician and How Much Youll Make
If you want a fulfilling, successful career, look no further than heating, ventilation and air conditioning. HVAC is...Keep Reading
What New Furnace Efficiency Standards Mean for You in 2023
Did you know more than half of your home’s energy costs are related to heating and cooling? That...Keep Reading