How Tell if Your Abilene Furnace is in Need of Emergency Repair
During the cold Abilene months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when it breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen to you, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. However, if it happens, a simple call to Abilene Air-Tech Inc will get you warm and comfortable quickly. We’ve got some signs you should watch for to help you establish if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you’re in an emergency repair situation. Call Abilene Air-Tech Inc as soon as possible if you notice any of these complications:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace immediately and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that creates a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be evaluated by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re constantly turning up the thermostat, yet you aren’t getting warmer, a furnace repair may be in order. While this could be a symptom of a problem with your thermostat, it might also mean your furnace is not big enough for your space.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you notice a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s louder than normal, it’s probably a good idea to arrange a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your utility costs, there are a variety of different problems you could be experiencing. Your qualified technician from Abilene Air-Tech Inc can determine what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It may be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as major as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to recognize when you need a furnace repair, contact us and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is running fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Abilene Air-Tech Inc at (325) 692-5850 or arrange an appointment with us online.
Why HVAC Is a Good Career Choice: What Youll Do as a Technician and How Much Youll Make
If you want a fulfilling, successful career, look no further than heating, ventilation and air conditioning. HVAC is...Keep Reading
What New Furnace Efficiency Standards Mean for You in 2023
Did you know more than half of your home’s energy costs are related to heating and cooling? That...Keep Reading