Getting Your Air Conditioner Ready for Summer
Summer is here! Many of us are excited for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To optimize your comfort and really relax, ensure your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a great summer in Abilene is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While Abilene Air-Tech Inc consistently recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape in the heat.
- First, another time to cite the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter routinely! Replace your air filter in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if you had it covered for the cold weather. Starting your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can severely damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris that are close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s performance. mow the grass, get rid any debris and clear away overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you start it this summer. Be sure to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it clear and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts examined for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where you want it and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider putting in a programmable thermostat to better manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These easy steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If it’s time to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you would like any more tips or ideas to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running smoothly, call Abilene Air-Tech Inc in Abilene at (325) 692-5850 today.
Why HVAC Is a Good Career Choice: What Youll Do as a Technician and How Much Youll Make
If you want a fulfilling, successful career, look no further than heating, ventilation and air conditioning. HVAC is...Keep Reading
What New Furnace Efficiency Standards Mean for You in 2023
Did you know more than half of your home’s energy costs are related to heating and cooling? That...Keep Reading